There have been a number of developments over the past few days regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). Like many of you, we’ve been closely following these developments as a church and asking God to help us respond with wisdom, courage, and above all, love. We are confident that in times like these, God is still at work and inviting his people to be beacons of HOPE to their friends, neighbors, and communities. To that end, we want to keep you updated on how we’re navigating this season together.
Since this is a continually developing situation, make sure you stay up-to-date with the latest news from Alpine through Facebook and Instagram. If you have any needs, or have ideas on how we can help our community, contact us 24/7 at (847) 540-8280.
For this Sunday, (March 15)
- This Sunday’s services will be available both live and via Livestream. As stated earlier this week, we are still planning to gather this Sunday with service times at 8:30a, 10:00a, and 11:30a. Each service will include a dedicated time of prayer for our communities and government leaders. In the interest of social distancing, the auditorium, lobby, and overflow spaces will all be available for seating. We encourage those who are ill, elderly, or immunocompromised to join us online through our Livestream service.
- Additional sanitation measures are being taken to ensure a safe and welcoming environment. These measures will include more frequent sanitation cycles of all surfaces and greater availability of hand sanitizer throughout the facility. There will be no coffee or donuts served until further notice.
- There will be no Alpine Kids programming this Sunday. Due to a shortage of volunteers, Alpine Kids programming for newborns through 5th grade will be paused until further notice. Parents that join us for live services with their kids are invited to share services as a family in any one of our gathering spaces.
Beginning Monday, March 16
- Church offices will remain open during normal business hours. Now more than ever, it is crucial for our church to communicate that we are here for our neighbors. Our doors will remain open while we discern how we can tangibly share HOPE with our community during this time. Feel free to stop in and pray or gather to encourage each other during this time.
- For the next two weeks, all on-campus midweek programs and groups are suspended to coincide with school district closing and spring break schedule. If you have questions about off-site gatherings or groups that may be taking place, please contact your group leader or ministry coordinator directly.
- The REACH Food Pantry will continue to operate with a streamlined process. Pre-bagged grocery pickup will be available for those in need. Since this streamlined process will require additional effort during the week, we’ve inviting those who call Alpine home to help provide assistance and/or food for our neighbors in need. Contact Donna Riemer at [email protected] for more information.
Going forward, we will be taking Sundays on a week-by-week basis. Stay up-to-date by checking our Facebook and Instagram accounts regularly. While what we do may change, the reason behind what we do remains the same: to experience and share the HOPE of Jesus. Continue to care for and check up on one another during this season, especially the sick, the elderly, and those who may struggle with anxiety or isolation. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or needs you may have. The character and promises of God have not changed, so we remain a people of HOPE. Let’s join God in doing good with every opportunity during these days! Any further questions about this email please contact the elders at [email protected].